*Full-text copies of the papers listed below can be downloaded free at researchgate.net.
PUBLISHED ARTICLES IN PEER REVIEW JOURNALS
- Shellhammer, D.F., Heasley, V.L., Foster, J.E., Luttrull, J.K., Heasley, G.E.: Addition to 2,4 Dienes. Halogenation of Ethyl Sorbate. J. Org. Chem. 42:2141 (1977).
- Shellhamer, D.F., Heasley, V.L., Foster, J.E., Luttrull, J.K., Heasley, G.E.: Addition to 2,4 Dienes. Ionic and Radical Additions to Ethyl Sorbate. J. Org. Chem. 43:2652 (1978).
- Shellhamer, D.F., Green, R.C., Luttrull, J.K., Seneker, S.D., Potter, M.K., Heasley, V.L., Heasley, G.E.: Ionic and Radical Addition of Chlorine, Bromine, and Some Halogen Systems to Butadiene Monoxide. J. Heterocyclic Chem. 20:229 (1983).
- Jester, J.V., Rife, L., Nii, D., Luttrull, J.K., Wilson, L., Smith, R.E.: In-Vitro Biomicroscopy and Photography of Meibomian Glands in a Rabbit Model of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. Invest. Ophthalmol., Vol. 22, No.5, 660-7, May 1982.
- Luttrull, J.K., Jester, J.V., Smith, R.E.: The Effect of Radial Keratotomy on Ocular Integrity in an Animal Model. Arch. Ophthalmol., 100:319-20, 1982.
- Shellhamer DF, Green RC, Luttrull J, Seneker SD, Potter MK, Heasely VL, Heasley GE. Ionic and radical addition of chlorine, bromine, and some halogen systems to butadiene monoxide. J of Heterocyclic Chem, Jan 1983. DOI: 10.1002/jhet.5570200147
- Luttrull J.K, Jester J.V., Smith R.E. Radial Keratotomy – Reply. Arch. Ophthalmol,1983; 101(1):134-134.
- Luttrull, J.K., Smith, R.E., Jester, J.V.: Contractility of Avascular Corneal Wound Tissue in Rabbits. Invest. Ophthal. Vol. 26, No.10, Oct. 1985, 1440-1452.
- Freeman, W.R., Chen, A., Henderly, D.E., Levine, A.M., Luttrull, J.K., Urrea, P.T., Arthur, J.B., Rasheed, S., Cohen, J.L., Newberg, D., Leung, R.J.: Prevalence and Significance of Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome – Related Retinal Microvasculopathy. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 107:229-235, March, 1989.
- Hallin, E.S., Feldon, S.E., Luttrull, J.K.: Effect of Transantral Orbital Decompression on Optic Neuropathy, Graves’ Ophthalmopathy, Br. J. Ophthalmol. 72:683-687, 1988.
- Luttrull, J.K.: Macular Surgery. Western Journal of Medicine Vol. 157, No. 4, 449-450, 1992.
- Luttrull, J.K., Wan, W.L., Kubak, B., Smith, M.D., Oster, H.A..: Treatment of Ocular Fungal Infections with Oral Fluconazole. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 1995. 119:477-481.
- Luttrull, JK, Chittum ME.: Acute Retinal Pigment Epitheliitis. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 1995. 120:389 – 391.
- Luttrull, J.K., Avery, R. L.: Pars Plana Implant and Vitrectomy for Treatment of Neovascular Glaucoma. RETINA. 1995. 15: 379 -387.
- Luttrull, J.K.: Acute Retinal Pigment Epitheliitis. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 1997.123: 127 – 129.
- Luttrull, J.K.: Epiretinal membrane and traction retinal detachment complicating laser-induced chorioretinal venous anastomosis. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 1997, 123: 698 -699.
- Luttrull JK, Avery RL: Peripheral Transscleral Retinal Diode Laser for Rubeosis Iridis. (Letter) Retina 18: 389, 1998.
- Kim, W.K., McDonald H.R., Rubsamen P.E., Luttrull J.K., Drouilhet J.H., Frambach D.A., Boyer D.S., Lambrou F.H. Jr., Hendrick A., Weiss J.N., Engstrom R.E. Jr., Ing M. Surfing-Related Ocular Injuries. RETINA 18: 424-429, 1998.
- Luttrull JK, Hallisey J: Laser pointer- induced macular injury. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 1999; 127: 95 -96.
- Luttrull JK, Marmor M, Nanda M: Progressive confluent peripapillary multiple evanescent white-dot syndrome. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 1999; 128: 378-380.
- Luttrull JK, Avery RL, Baerveldt G.S, Easley, K.: Initial experience with pneumatically stented pars plana modified Baerveldt implant for treatment of complicated glaucoma. Ophthalmology, 2000; 107:143-150.
- Luttrull JK, Avery RL: “Augmentation of trabeculectomy with perfluoropropane gas: a pilot clinical and experimental study”. (Letter) Ophthalmology, 2000; 107: 224.
- Luttrull JK, Musch MC, Mainster MA: Subthreshold diode micropulse photocoagulation for the treatment of clinically significant diabetic macular edema. Br J Ophthalmol 2005 89:1; 74-80.
- Luttrull JK, Spink CJ: Serial optical coherence tomography of subthreshold diode laser micropulse photocoagulation for diabetic macular edema. Ophthalmic Surgery, Lasers & Imaging, Sept/Oct 2006;37: 370-377.
- Luttrull JK, Dougherty PJ. Reduced stereopsis during vitreous surgery for epiretinal membrane through Rezoom multifocal intraocular lens (letter). J Refract Surg 2007 April; 23 (4) 329-330.
- 2 Luttrull JK, Spink CJ, Musch DA. Subthreshold diode micropulse panretinal photocoagulation for proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Eye, 2008 May; 22 (5): 607 – 12.
- Luttrull JK, Spink CJ. Prolonged choroidal hypofluorescence following verteporfin photodynamic therapy combined with intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide injection. RETINA,2007 Jul-Aug, 27 (6): 688-92.
- Luttrull JK, Spink CJ: Vitrectomy following anti-VEGF therapy for epiretinal membranes coincident with age-related subfoveal neovascularization. . 2008; 39: 455 – 459.
- Luttrull JK, Musch D, Spink CJ: Subthreshold diode micropulse photocoagulation for proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Letter (Reply) Eye. Advance online publication Jan 2009; doi: 10.1038/eye.2008.418
- Luttrull JK, Dougherty PJ, Zhao H, Mainster MA: Concentric ring dysphotopsias in diffractive multifocal pseudophakia. July 27, 2010. Ophthalmic Surgery, Lasers and Imaging. 2010 Sep 29;41 Online. doi: 10.3928/15428877-20100929-11.
- Luttrull JK, Sramek C, Palanker D, Spink CJ, Musch DC. Long-term safety, high-resolution imaging, and tissue temperature modeling of subvisible diode micropulse photocoagulation for retinovascular macular edema. Retina 2012; 32 (2): 375-86.
- Luttrull JK, Dorin G. Subthreshold diode micropulse photocoagulation as invisible retinal phototherapy for diabetic macular edema. A review. Current Diabetes Reviews, 2012, 8, 274-284.
- Luttrull JK, Spink CJ. Pars plana vitrectomy with multiple transvenous chorioretinotomies for macular edema due to retinal vein occlusion. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2013 Jul 1;44(4):366-73.
- Luttrull JK, Sinclair SD. Safety of transfoveal subthreshold diode micropulse laser for intra-foveal diabetic macular edema in eyes with good visual acuity. Retina, May 2014 Oct; 34 (10): 2010-20.
- Luttrull JK, Chang DB, Margolis BWL, Dorin G, Luttrull DK. Laser re-sensitization of medically unresponsive neovascular age-related macular degeneration: Efficacy and implications. Retina 2015 Jun; 35(6): 1184-1194.
- Kozak I, Luttrull JK. Modern Retinal Laser Therapy. Saudi J Ophthalmol 2015 Apr-Jun; 29 (2) 137-46.
- Luttrull JK. Chronic serous macular detachments and visual disturbance complicating consecutive cases of symptomatic vitreomacular adhesion with macular hole treated with ocriplasmin. OSLI Retina, 2015; 46: 976-978.
- Luttrull JK, Margolis BWL. Functionally guided retinal protective therapy as prophylaxis for age-related and inherited retinal degenerations. A pilot study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016 Jan 1;5 7(1):265-75. doi: 10.1167/iovs.15-18163
- Luttrull JK. Low-intensity / high-density subthreshold diode micropulse laser (SDM) for central serous chorioretinopathy. Retina. 2016 Sep; 36 (9):1658-63
- Chhablani J, Roh YJ, Jobling AI, Fletcher EL, Lek JJ, Bansal P, Guymer R, Luttrull JK. Restorative retinal laser therapy: Present state and future directions. Surv. Ophthalmol 2017 Oct 4. pii: S0039-6257(17)30166-2. doi: 10.1016/j.survophthal.2017.09.008. [Epub ahead of print] Review. PMID: 28987614
- Jhingan M, Goud A, Peguda HK, Tyagi M, Luttrull JK, Chhablani J. Subthreshold microsecond laser for proliferative diabetic retinopathy: a randomized pilot study. Clin Ophthalmol October 2017 (in press).
- Luttrull JK. Improved retinal and visual function following subthreshold diode micropulse laser (SDM) for retinitis pigmentosa. Eye (London), December 18, 2017 (in press).
- Luttrull JK, Sinclair SH, Elmann S, Glaser BM. Low incidence of choroidal neoavacularization following subthreshold diode micropulse laser (SDM) in high-risk age-related macular degeneration. PLoS One Med, August 2018 in press.
- Low incidence of choroidal neovascularization following subthreshold diode micropulse laser (SDM) for high-risk AMD. Luttrull JK, Sinclair SH, Elmann S, Glaser BM. PLoS ONE 13(8): e0202097. https://doi.org/10.1371/ journal.pone.0202097
- Luttrull JK and Chang DB. Comparison of heat-shock protein kinetics in response to 577 and 810nm subthreshold diode micropulse laser. Transl Vis Sci Tecnol. 2020 Apr 28;9(5):23.doi: 10.1167/tvst.9.5.23. eCollection 2020 Apr.
- Keunen JEE, Battaglia-Parodi M, Vujosevic S, Luttrull JK. International Retinal Laser Society Guidelines For Subthreshold Laser Treatment. Transl Vis Sci Technol. 2020 Aug 7;9(9):15. doi: 10.1167/tvst.9.9.15. eCollection 2020 Aug.PMID: 32879771
- Luttrull JK. Subthreshold diode micropulse laser (SDM) for persistent macular thickening and limited visual acuity after epiretinal membrane peeling. Clin Ophthalmol, April 2020: 14; 1177-1188
- Luttrull JK, Sinclair SH, Elmann S, Chang DB, Kent D. Slowed progression of age-related geographic atrophy following subthreshold laser. Clin Ophthalmol (2020) Oct 1;14:2983-2993. doi:10.2147/OPTH.S268322.eCollection 2020
- Al Barki A, Al-Hijji L, High R, Schatz P, Do D, Nguyen Q, Luttrull JK, Kozak I. Comparison of Short-pulse Subthreshold (532 nm) and Infrared Micropulse (810 nm) Macular Laser for Diabetic Macular Edema. Sci Reports, Dec 2020 (in press).
- Luttrull JK, Grey G. Prevention of neovascular AMD: Real world efficacy of program of panmacular laser for vision protection. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/349952308_Prevention_of_neovascular_AMD_Real_world_efficacy_of_program_of_panmacular_laser_for_vision_protection
- Sinclair SH, Luttrull JK. Diabetes Mellitus Associated Progressive Neurovascular Retinal Injury: Recommendations for Imaging and Functional Testing and Potential Role for Early Intervention with Modern Retinal Laser Therapy. J Ophth Rev Rep, July 2022
- Luttrull JK. Lasers in Medicine: The changing role of laser-induced retinal damage – from de riguer to Nevermore. Photonics2023, 10(9), 999; https://doi.org/10.3390/photonics10090999
- Luttrull JK, Gray G, Bhavan SV. Vision protection therapy for prevention of neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Sci Rep. 2023;13(1):16710. doi:10.1038/s41598-023-43605-w
- Grzybowski A, Luttrull JK, Kozak I, Eds. Retinal Lasers in Ophthalmology. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany May 29, 2023 ISBN 978-30-3125-778-0
- Luttrull JK. Modern Retinal Laser Therapy. Kugler Publications, Amsterdam, The Netherlands June 2023 ISBN: 978-90-6299-298-0
PUBLISHED BOOK CHAPTERS:
- Luttrull JK: Subthreshold retinal photocoagulation for diabetic retinopathy. In Retinal and Vitreoretinal Diseases and Surgery, Boyd S, Cortez R, Sabates N eds. ISBN: 98-9962-678-23-6. Jaypee-Highlighlights Medical Publishers, Inc, Panama Rep. of Panama. 2010.
- Dorin G, Luttrull JK, Samples JR. Laser alteration of collector channel ostia. Pivotal paradigm shift from photocoagulation to photostimulation. Glaucoma Research and Clinical Advances: 2016 to 2018. Knepper and Samples, Eds. Kugler Pub. Jan 1, 2016, Amsterdam, Netherlands. ISBN: 9789062992478
- Luttrull JK, Samples JR, Kent D, Lum BJ: Panmacular subthreshold diode micropulse laser (SDM) as neuroprotective therapy in primary open-angle glaucoma. Glaucoma Research 2018-2020, pp. 281-294 Edited by: John R. Samples and Paul A. Knepper © 2018 Kugler Publications, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Luttrull JK, Kent D. Laser therapy to prevent choroidal neovascularization. Choroidal Neovascularization. Chhablanni J, Ed. Springer Verlag. July 2020. DOI:10.1007/978-981-15-2213-0_30
- Luttrull JK, Kent D. Modern retinal laser for neuroprotection in open-angle glaucoma. In: Samples JR, Ahmed IIK, eds. New Concepts in Glaucoma Surgery, Vol. 1. Amsterdam, Kugler Publications; Sept. 2019 ISBN-13: 978-1461483472, ISBN-10: 1461483476
- Luttrull JK. Retinal Laser Treatment for Age-Related Macular Degeneration.
- Retinal Lasers in Ophthalmology. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany May 29, 2023 ISBN 978-30-3125-778-0
- Luttrull JK. The Future of Retinal Laser. Is there one?
- Retinal Lasers in Ophthalmology. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany May 29, 2023 ISBN 978-30-3125-778-0
- Luttrull JK. The Mechanism of Retinal Laser and Its End Result: Neuroprotection.
- Retinal Lasers in Ophthalmology. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany May 29, 2023 ISBN 978-30-3125-778-0
- Bhavan SV, Luttrull JK. Laser for Retinal Vascular Occlusions.
- Grzybowski A, Gaweki M, Luttrull JK. Laser Treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy.
OTHER PUBLICATIONS (by Invitation):
1. Luttrull, JK. “Shangricago”. Guest editorial. Ojai Valley News June 1, 2005.
2. Luttrull, JK. Atraumatic photocoagulation for retinovascular disease. Case studies of micropulsed 810 nm diode laser photocoagulation in the management of diabetic retinopathy. Retinal Physician, 2005;2: 65-87.
3. Luttrull, JK. Is effective retinal photocoagulation without laser-induced damage possible? Retina Today, Winter 2006-07; 22-25.
4. Luttrull JK. Update on treatment of branch retinal vein occlusion. Subthreshold diode micropulse photocoagulation. Retina Today, August 2011.
5. Luttrull JK. Invisible retinal laser phototherapy for retinal vascular disease. Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today / Europe. Feb 2012: 70 – 72.
6. Luttrull JK. Long-term safety of subvisible diode laser for diabetic macular edema. Ocular Surgery News. Feb 2012.
7. Luttrull JK. Subthreshold diode micropulse laser for diabetic macular edema: Welcome to invisible retinal phototherapy! Ophthalmology Times Europe, June, 2013.
8. Luttrull JK. Perspective on Visible Light Therapy as Prophylaxis Against DR. Retinal Physician, March 2014, pg16-18.
9. Luttrull JK. The journey to functionally guided retinal protective therapy for age-related and inherited retinal degenerations. Retina Today, October, 2015.
INSTRUCTIONAL COURSES TAUGHT:
1. Sinclair S, Luttrull JK, Cardillo J. Subthreshold diode micropulse photocoagulation for diabetic macular edema. American Society of Retina Specialists annual meeting August 2011, Boston, MA, USA.
2. Luttrull JK, Sinclair SD, Midena E. Instructors in clinical course, American Society of Retina Specialists annual meeting, Toronto, Canada, August 27, 2013.
3. Keunen J, Luttrull JK, Chong V, Midena E, Boon C. Clinical instructors for course in Subthreshold diode micropulse laser for diabetic macular edema. European Society of Retina Specialist annual meeting, Hamburg, Germany, Sept 27, 2013.
4. Keunen J, Luttrull JK, Chong V, Midena E, Boon C. Clinical instructors for course in Subthreshold diode micropulse laser for diabetic macular edema. European Society of Retina Specialist annual meeting, London, England, Sept 12, 2014.
5. Keunen J, Luttrull JK, Chong V, Midena E, Boon C. Clinical instructors for course in Subthreshold diode micropulse laser for diabetic macular edema. European Society of Retina Specialist annual meeting, Euretina, Nice, France, September 14, 2015.
6. Luttrull JK. Retinal protective therapy for chronic progressive retinopathies. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Annual Meeting, Retinal restorative treatment Special Interest Group. Presenter and panelist, Seattle, May 4, 2016
7. Luttrull JK. Subthreshold diode micropulse laser treatment. Instructor, European School for Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology, Rome, Italy, February 15, 2016.
8. Luttrull JK. Subthreshold diode micropulse laser (SDM) as retinal protective therapy for non age-related retinal degenerations. Free paper; Annual Meeting of the American Society of Retina Specialists, San Francisco, August 14, 2016.
9. Luttrull JK, Keunen J, Midena E. Instructors in course on: Subthreshold retinal laser treatment. European Retina Society annual meeting Euretina, September 2016.
10. Keunen J, Pilotto E, Chong V, Luttrull JK. Subthreshold laser for retinal diseases: concepts and future directions. Annual meeting of the European Society of Retina Specialists (Euretina) 2017; Instructional course Sept 10, Barcelona, Spain
11. Keunen J, Luttrull JK, Midena E, Chong V. Subthreshold laser therapy. EURETINA, Annual meeting of the European Retina Society, Vienna, Austria, October, 2018.
12. Keunen J, Chong V, Midena E, Luttrull JK. Subthreshold retinal laser treatment. Educational course, Annual Meeting of the European Retina Society, Paris, France, Sept. 5, 2019.
PATENTS AWARDED: (Includes 165 international patents)
- U.S. Patent. No. 5,830,173. Avery RL, Luttrull JK: Intraocular drug delivery device. Filed August 1, 1997.
- U.S. Patent. No. 5,725,493.Avery RL, Luttrull JK: Intraocular drug delivery device. December 12, 1994.
- U.S. Patent. No. 6,251,090 B1.Avery RL, Luttrull JK: Intraocular drug delivery device. November 2, 1998.
- U.S. Patent. 14/607,959. Luttrull JK, Margolis BWL, Chang DB. Filed January 28, 2015. Issued September 4, 2015. Process for restoring responsiveness to medication in tissue of living organisms.
- U.S. Patent. 9,381,115. Luttrull JK, Margolis BWL, Chang DB. Entitled: System and process for retina phototherapy. Filed May 12, 2012. Issued July 5, 2016.
- U.S. Patent. No. 9308018. Awarded April 12, 2016. Micro vitreoretinal blades.
- U.S. Patent. No. 9,381,116. Luttrull JK, Margolis BWL, Chang DB. Entitled: Subthreshold micropulse laser prophylactic treatment for chronic progressive retinal diseases. Filed: October 23, 2015. Issued July 5, 2016.
- U.S. Patent. No. 9,427,602. Pulsating electromagnetic and ultrasound for stimulating targeted heat shock proteins for achieve retinal repair. Filed Oct 26, 2015; issued August 30, 2016.
- U.S. Patent. No. 9,962,291 System and process for neuroprotective therapy for glaucoma. Filed: August 9, 2016, awarded May 1, 2018.
- U.S. Patent. No. 10,076,671 Apparatus for retinal phototherapy. Filed July 1, 2016; awarded Sept 2018.
- U.S. Patent. No. 10,117,777 System for neuroprotective therapy for glaucoma. Filed Oct 24, 2018. Awarded Nov 6, 2018.
- U.S Patent. No. 10,194,798. Measuring RPE and choroid melanin levels with reflectometer. Filed: November 20, 2017. Awarded: December 18, 2018. Issued Feb 5, 2019.
- U.S. Patent. No. 10,219,947. System and process for retina phototherapy. Filed March 13, 2013. Issued March 5, 2019.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,238,542. System and process for retinal phototherapy. Filed June 6, 2016. Issued March 26, 2019.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,278,865. Process for neuroprotective therapy for glaucoma. Filed May 3, 2016. Issued May 7, 2019.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,285,859. System for performing retinal photostimulation. Filed October 22, 2016. Issued May 14, 2019.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,299,961. System for neuroprotective therapy for glaucoma. Filed April 25, 2018. Issued May 28, 2019.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,307,294, System and process for neuroprotection in glaucoma. Filed March 29, 2018. Issued June 4, 2019.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,357,398, System and process for treatment of myopia. Filed November 15, 2017. Issued July 23, 2019.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,363,171, System and process for retinal phototherapy. Filed May 6, 2016. Issued July 30, 2019.
- U.S. Patent No.10,434,330 Process for safety providing retinal phototherapy by determining retinal melanin levels. Filed January 7, 2019. Issued October 10, 2019.
- U.S Patent No. 10,531,098. Method for heat treating biological tissues using pulsed energy sources. Files: July 20, 2016 Issued: January 14, 2020
- U.S Patent No. 10,596,389, Process and system for utilizing energy to treat biological tissue. Filed: July 18, 2018. Issued: March 24, 2020.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,709,608. System and process for prevention of myopia. File June 13, 2019. Issued: July 14, 2020.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,709,607. System and process for prevention of myopia. File May 21, 2019. Issued: July 14, 2020.
- U.S. Patent No.10,874,873. Process utilizing pulsed energy to heat treat biological tissue. Filed: March 12, 2018. Issued Dec 13, 2020.
- U.S. Patent No.10,894,169. System and method for preventing or treating Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases. Filed: Aug 4, 2020. Issued Jan 19, 2021
- U.S. Patent No. 10,952,901. System and process for retinal phototherapy. Filed January 7, 2019. Issued March 23, 2021.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,953,241. Process for providing protective therapy for biological tissues and fluids. Filed: May 1, 2017. Issued March 23, 2021.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,952,899. Process for adjusting treatment parameters for retina phototherapy based on RPE melanin levels. Filed November 29, 2018. Issued March 23, 2021.
- U.S. Patent No. 16/996,308. Process utilizing pulsed energy to heat treat biological tissue. Filed: August 18, 2020. Issued May 3, 2021.
- U.S. Patent No. 11,033,749. Process utilizing pulsed energy to heat treat biological tissue. Filed: August 18, 2020. Issued June 15, 2021
- U.S. Patent No. 11,077,318. System and process for utilizing energy for treating biological tissue. Filed: July 19, 2018. Issued August 3, 2021
- U.S. Patent No. 11,679,272. Process for safely providing retinal phototherapy based on determination of RPE melanin levels. Issued June 30, 202
1. Regalo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Inc., Ojai, CA. President, CEO
2. Retinal Protection Sciences, LLC, Ojai, CA. Managing member
3. Ojai Technologies, LLC. Managing member
4. Vision Protection Institutes, Inc. President and Chief Medical Officer
Retinal laser, biotechnology, systemic electromagnetic therapies
IRIDEX Corp., Mountain View, California (10/11 – 6/12)
CURRENT RESEARCH ACTIVITIES:
1. Intraocular drug delivery.
2. Treatment of complicated glaucoma employing trans-pars plana drainage tube implants.
3. Retinal laser.
4. Vitreous surgery.
PARTICIPATION IN CLINICAL TRIALS
1. Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., A Randomized Double Masked, Active Controlled Phase III Study of the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability or Repeated Doses of Intravitreal VEGF Trap in Subjects with Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration, VGFT-OD-0605 (VIEW 1)
2. Genentech Pharmaceuticals, Inc., A phase III, Double-Masked, Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Injection -Controlled Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Ranibizumab injection in Subjects with Clinically Significant Macular Edema with Center Involvement Secondary to Diabetes Mellitus (RISE)-Protocol FVF4170G
SCIENTIFIC REVIEWER, PEER REVIEW JOURNALS:
PLoS One, Ophthalmology, Eye, British Journal of Ophthalmology, American Journal of Ophthalmology, Graefe’s Archive of Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, BMJ Ophthalmology, RETINA, Translational Vision Science and Technology, Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Ophthalmic Lasers, Surgery and Imaging, Ocular Pharmacology, Expert Review of Medical Devices, Acta Ophthalmologica, Advances in Therapy, Internation Journal of Ophthalmology, Journal of Ophthalmology, others.
SCIENTIFIC GRANT REVIEWER:
Research Associates, Point Loma Nazarene University.
Diabetes UK/UK National Health Service.
National Science Institute, Poland.
*”MicroPulse” is a registered trademark of the Iridex Corp. Required use of this trademark should not be construed in any way as an endorsement or recommendation of Iridex products by Dr. Luttrull, as equivalent laser technologies are available from several manufacturers.